- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
A day trip to Essaouira is a perfect way to experience more of Morrocco. You will see some of the countryside and experience some unique sights along the way to this coastal town. All the important and interesting sights in Essaouira can be seen in one day with our fabulous city guides.
Included In the Tour:
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe mini van or minibus
- Pick-up and drop- off at your hotel or riad
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking driver guide
- Opportunities to stop when and where you wish
- Entrance fees and local guides in Essaouira
- Mineral water in the car
Not Included in the Tour:
- Travel Insurance ~ Required
- Name: Day Trip to Essaouira
- Duration: 8 – 9 Hours
- Departure: Pick Up 9:00 AM local time
- Ends: Approximately 5:00 PM local time
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- The Cost: Dependent upon the number of people in the tour
Terms And Conditions:
Important things you should know before booking a day trip to essaouira.
- This tour can be customized to be special and personal for your requirements.
- You can always consult your driver about skipping certain spots to spend more time elsewhere.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GPB or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancelations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept any changes to your booked tour 1 day before the start of the Essaouira Day Trip.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service. Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 25 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Travel Safe During COVID-19
– A note from Morocco Meta Adventures: Luxurious Private Tour
– All our tours are always throughout the history of our company Private, Luxurious with VIP Services.
– We do care about safety of our guests and ourselves.
– What you can expect during your Essaouira Day Trip.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized.
The day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech, gives you the opportunity to compare this charming seaside town to the bustle of Marrakech. Essaouira not only has a variety of attractions to see but also offers opportunities to wander in the relaxing atmosphere and to enjoy more tasty Moroccan cuisine.
- Driving through the beautiful Argan forest where you will see goats climbing the trees.
- Meeting our informative locale guide who will tell you fascinating information and some of the history of Essaouira.
- Visiting the Skala fortress where you can see the Purpuraires Islands.
- Waking to the active fishing port and seeing the fishermen at work
- Visiting the medina and watching artisans carving Thuya, a conifer which grows only in the forests of the Atlas Mountains east of Essaouira.
- Going to the fish market and perhaps having a meal of the sea food caught during the night.
- Taking amazing photographs from stunning spots.
- Full Day
Activity Day Trip to Essaouira
One of our drivers will pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakech for the drive of approximately 3 hours to the charming coastal town of Essaouira, formerly known as Mogador. Essaouira is rated by UNESCO, as the most beautiful city in Morocco. During the drive we will pass through Argan forests, stop and see goats in trees and visit one of the women’s cooperatives which produce argan oil for cosmetic, medical and culinary use.
After arriving in Essaouira you will be met by our local knowledgeable guide for a wonderful tour of the town. You will visit the Skala fortress, see the magnificent canons and watch falcons, and gulls hover above the nature reserve on the Purpuraires Islands. To the north of the Skala you may see surfers, windsurfers and kite surfers all taming the waves. Be sure to ask your guide to show you the many places in Essaouira immortalized in film. Your guide will take you to the fishing port with its bustling fish market and through the medina where you will learn more of the town’s fascinating history and see many artisans at work including the Thuya (a local wood) carvers. In the late afternoon, we will return to your accommodation in Marrakech.
Duration: 8 - 9 hours
Start: 9 :00 AM Local time
Drop off: Approximately 5:00 PM Local time