- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
A day trip from Fes to the Roman ruins of Volubilis and the city Meknes is a great excursion to take to learn some of the fascinating history of Morocco and see some incredible sights.
Included in Fes Day Trip to Meknes
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe minivan or minibus
- Pick-up and drop- off at your accommodation
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking driver guide
- Opportunities to stop when and where you wish
- Entrance fees and local registered guide in Volubilis
- Mineral water in the car
Not included in Fes Day Trip to Meknes
- Travel Insurance ~ Required
- Name: Day Trip from Fes to Meknes Via Volubilis
- Duration: 8 – 9 Hours
- Departure: Pick Up 9:30 AM local time
- Ends: Approximately 5:00 PM local time
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- The Cost: Dependent upon the number of people in the tour
Terms And Conditions:
Important things you should know before booking a tour.
- This tour can be customized to be special and personal for your requirements.
- You can always consult your driver about skipping certain spots to spend more time elsewhere.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GBP or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancelations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept any changes to your booked tour 1 day before the start of the tour.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service. Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 25 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Travel Safe During COVID-19
– A note from Morocco Meta Adventures: Luxurious Private Tour
– All our tours throughout the history of our company, are private with luxurious VIP services.
– We do care about safety of our guests and ourselves.
– What you can expect during your trip.
- Regular temperature checks for staff.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas.
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized.
The day trip to Meknes and Volubilis from Fes is a great way for visitors to Fes to experience more Moroccan history. This region has a variety of attractions to see and experience in contrast to the city of Fes.
- Visiting Volubilis, preserved ruins from the Roman Empire dating back to 225 BC.
- Seeing the most beautiful mosaics in Morocco dating back to 3rd century BC.
- Driving through the stunning scenery of the Rif mountains.
- Seeing the historic sites in Meknes, the Ismaili capital in the 17th century.
- Enjoying a meal of Meknasi cuisine.
- Full Day
Day Trip To Volubilis And Meknes
After your pickup at your accommodation, we drive through the foothills of the Rif mountains to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. On your visit to this historical site, you be accompanied by a local guide. Volubilis was a part of the Roman empire and dates back to 225 BC. Here you will see the most beautiful mosaics in Morocco from the same period. Your guided tour will definitely increase your knowledge of the Roman Empire. After leaving the ruins we continue our drive to Meknes, the Ismaili capital in the 17th century. Here you will see the 17th century gate of Bab Mansour built by the sultan My Ismail. You will also see a granary and the Sahrij Souani, used for irrigation and planting. After a stop for lunch at a local restaurant we head back to your accommodation in Fes.
Duration: 8 - 9 hours
Pick up: 9 :30 AM local time
Drop off: approximately 5 :00 local time
There are no comments yet.