- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
This trip to Chefchaouen , ‘the Blue City ‘ of Morocco, is a perfect day excursion. You will travel through the beautiful Rif mountains and make a stop at the ancient Roman city of Volubilis before arriving for your tour of the blue-hued town.
Included in Fes Day Trip to Chefchaouen
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe minivan or minibus
- Pick-up and drop- off at your accommodation
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking driver guide
- Opportunities to stop when and where you wish
- Entrance fees and local guides in Volubilis and Chefchaouen
- Mineral water in the car
Not included in Fes Day Trip to Chefchaouen
- Travel Insurance ~ Required
- Name: Day Trip from Fes to Chefchaouen via Volubilis
- Duration: 8 – 9 Hours
- Departure: Pick Up 9:00 AM local time
- Ends: Approximately 5:00 PM local time
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- The Cost: Dependent upon the number of people in the tour
Terms And Conditions:
Important things you should know before booking a tour.
- This tour can be customized to be special and personal for your requirements.
- You can always consult your driver about skipping certain spots to spend more time elsewhere.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GBP or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancelations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept any changes to your booked tour 1 day before the start of the tour.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service. Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 25 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Travel Safe During COVID-19
– A note from Morocco Meta Adventures: Luxurious Private Tour
– All our tours throughout the history of our company, are private with luxurious VIP services.
– We do care about safety of our guests and ourselves.
– What you can expect during your trip.
- Regular temperature checks for staff.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas.
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized.
The day excursion from Fes to Chefchaouen via Volubilis, is a trip that many visitors to Fes like to experience. Chefchaouen is one of the most beautiful towns in Morocco and has a variety of attractions to see. You will appreciate the contrast between the cultural city of Fes and this charming town as you wander the blue hued alleyways.
- Visiting Volubilis, preserved ruins from the Roman Empire dating back to 225 BC.
- Seeing the most beautiful mosaics in Morocco dating back to 3rd century BC.
- Driving through the stunning scenery of the Rif mountains.
- Seeing the authentic villages along the beautiful drive.
- Learning the history of Chefchaouen and seeing the fascinating architecture.
- Enjoying a tasty Moroccan meal of Chefchaouen cuisine.
- Full Day
Activity Day Trip to Chefchaouen
After picking you up at your accommodation, we will drive through the foothills of the Rif mountains to the Roman ruins of Volubilis. On your visit to this historical site, you will be accompanied by a local guide. Volubilis was a part of the Roman empire and dates back to 225 BC. Here you will see the most beautiful mosaics in Morocco from the same period. Your guided tour will definitely increase your knowledge of the Roman Empire.
Following this visit, we continue the drive to Chefchaouen, the blue pearl of Morocco, via Ouazzane, and crossing the beautiful Rif mountains. During the drive we will pass through some amazing authentic villages, have opportunities for photos and stop for lunch along the way.
Upon arrival in the town, we will meet your guide and you will start your tour of the medina and alleyways of Chefchaouen, the blue city of Morocco. The town, with its rich history, is filled with cobalt-coloured buildings set amid the majestic Rif mountains. It was established in 1471 by Moulay Ali Ben Rachid, when Moorish and Jewish settlers fled here to escape the Spanish Inquisition. This town is visually stimulating, and you will enjoy wandering, with your guide, the enchanting up and down alleyways with their hundreds of hues of blue. Your guide will lead you to some out of the way places to get that special photo.
After the tour, we return you to your accommodation in Fes.
Duration: 8 - 9 hours
Start: 9:30 AM local time
Ends: approximately 5 :00 pm local time
There are no comments yet.