- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
A great activity is a day trip from Marrakech to the High Atlas Mountains. You leave the city behind, travel through interesting Berber villages and have an opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery. A highlight will be the hike to a waterfall in the Ourika valley.
Included in the Atlas Mountains tour
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe minivan or minibus
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking driver guide
- Opportunities to stop when and where you wish
- Local guide for a 2-hour hike
- Mineral water and drinks
Not Included in the Atlas Mountains tour
- Travel Insurance ~ Required
- Name: Day Trip from Marrakech to Atlas Mountains
- Duration: 8 – 9 Hours
- Departure: Pick Up 9:00 AM Local Time
- Ends: Approximately 5:30 PM Local Time
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- The Cost: Dependent upon the number of people in the tour
Terms And Conditions:
Important things you should know before booking a tour.
- This tour can be customized to be special and personal for your requirements.
- You can always consult your driver about skipping certain spots to spend more time elsewhere.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GBP or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancelations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept any changes to your booked tour 1 day before the start of your tour.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service. Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 25 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Travel Safe During COVID-19
– A note from Morocco Meta Adventures: Luxurious Private Tours
– All our tours throughout the history of our company, are private with luxurious VIP services.
– We do care about safety of our guests and ourselves.
– What you can expect during your trip
- Regular temperature checks for staff.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas.
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized.
The day trip from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains is a great way to see the surrounding countryside. Even though the mountains are a short distance from Marrakech, you will quickly be able to appreciate the beauty and calmness of the area on the drive. You will pass through Berber villages and see incredible mountain scenery.
- Travelling to Asni and surrounding Berber villages away from the noise and exotic attractions of Marrakech.
- Experiencing breathtaking scenery and the fascinating views of the highest mountain in North Africa, ‘’Jbel Tubkal’’.
- Hiking 2 hours to the water falls in the Ourika valley.
- Seeing Barbary Apes in their natural environment
- Taking amazing photographs from stunning vantage points.
- Enjoying a delicious lunch in the area.
- Full Day
Day Trip To The Atlas Montains
Today you will experience beautiful scenery on the drive to the Ourika valley for your hike. We will drive via Tahnnaout, through the Atlas Mountains before arriving at the Berber village of Asni. Along the way the way, there will be fascinating views of the highest mountain in north Africa, “Jbel Toubkal”. There will be several stops for photographs as we pass through several valleys - the Tahnnaout valley, the Moulay Brahim Gorges, and the Ourika valley, one of the most stunning and attractive valleys in Morocco where we stop for your hike. This valley is known as an area of peace and tranquillity in contrast to the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. After we arrive, an experienced mountain guide will take you for a 2-hour hike through the area to the waterfalls. You may also see Barbary Apes in their natural environment. Following the hike, we will stop for lunch, before heading back to your accommodation in Marrakech.
Duration: Approx time 8 - 9 hours
Pick up: 9:00 AM local time
Drop off: approximately 5 :00 PM local time