- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
This day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate is a great way to see the Ksar of Aït-Ben-Haddou, one of the most famous kasbahs in Morocco. Along the way you will experience the beautiful scenery of the High Atlas Mountains.
Included In the Tour:
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe mini van or minibus
- Pick-up and drop- off at your hotel or riad
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking driver guide
- Opportunities to stop when and where you wish
- Local guide in Aït Benhaddou
- Mineral water in the car
Not Included in the Tour:
- Travel Insurance ~ Required
- Name: Day Trip to Ouarzazate
- Duration: 10 – 11 Hours
- Departure: Pick Up 9:00 AM local time
- Ends: Approximately 7:00 PM local time
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- The Cost: Dependent upon the number of people in the tour
Terms And Conditions:
Important things you should know before booking a tour.
- This tour can be customized to be special and personal for your requirements.
- You can always consult your driver about skipping certain spots to spend more time elsewhere.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GBP or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancelations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept any changes to your booked tour 1 day before the start of your tour.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service. Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 25 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Travel Safe During COVID-19
– A note from Morocco Meta Adventures: Luxurious Private Tours
– All our tours throughout the history of our company, are private with luxurious VIP services.
– We do care about safety of our guests and ourselves.
– What you can expect during your trip
- Regular temperature checks for staff.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas.
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized.
The day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate, the ‘’Hollywood of Africa ‘’, is a fabulous tour for visitors to Marrakech to experience. Ouarzazate and Äit Benhaddou are rich in history and are beautiful places to see and discover. Enjoy the beautiful atmosphere of both places, a contrast to the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh.
- Travelling through Berber Villages on the road to Ouarzazate.
- Driving along one of the most beautiful roads in the country.
- Experiencing the breathtaking scenery and the fascinating views of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Driving through the high mountain pass called Tizi n'Tichka, with an elevation of 2260 meters.
- Taking amazing photographs from stunning spots.
- Visiting the most famous kasbah in Morocco, the Ksar of Aït-Ben-Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoying a delicious meal of the area.
- Full Day
Day Trip To Ouarzazate
One of our drivers will pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakech for the drive through the High Atlas Mountains and over the Tizi n’Tichka pass, the highest pass in North Africa at 2260 meters. There will be many opportunities for photo stops along the road. Once we reach Aït Benhaddou, you will have lunch before you explore the most famous kasbah in Morocco. The Ksar of Aït-Ben-Haddou is one of Morocco’s seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Many films have used this site as a location for filming. After your visit, we will continue onto to Oaurzazate, considered to be the `Hollywood of Africa`. If time allows, we will visit one of the movie studios in the area. The tour ends back at your accommodation in Marrakesh.
Duration: 10 - 11 hours
Pick up: 9 :00 AM local time
Drop off: approximately 7 :00 PM local time