- Tour Plan
- Similar Tours
Included in the Fes City Tour
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4wheel drive Toyota Prado TX or deluxe mini van or minibus
- Pick up from your accommodation in the city.
- Experienced local English / French / Spanish / speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Mineral water
Not included in the Fes City Tour
- Name: City Tour of Fes
- Duration: 7 – 8 hours
- Begins: 9 :30 AM local time
- Ends: Approximately 4:30 PM local time
- Where: The Old Medina of Fes
- Number of participants: 1 or more
- Cost: Dependent on number of participants
Terms And Conditions:
- The city tour can be customized to be personal and special for your requirements.
- You can always consult your local guide about skipping certain spots in order to spend more time at other sites.
Booking And Deposit:
- After confirming your itinerary and dates we require a 30 % deposit of the total price to reserve your tour with us.
- The deposit is to be made at least 1 day in advance.
- The balance is payable the day of the tour.
- We accept Payment through PAYPAL / Bank Transfers / Credit Cards (not American Express).
- We also accept Cash ~ either Euros, USD, GBP or MAD (Moroccan Dirhams).
- We charge 50 % for children under 12 years old and children under 5 are free of charge.
Terms Of Cancellations:
- We accept cancellations of the tour according to the following conditions:
- A written confirmation about the cancellations sent to our email address.
- Cancellations 1 day or more prior to the tour are 100% refundable.
- Cancellations on the same day are NOT refundable.
Changes to Tour:
We accept changes to your booked tour at least 1 day prior to the tour.
Tipping customs in Morocco:
Moroccans depend on tips for the services they provide. The amount depends on the service.
Below are some guidelines for tipping.
- Driver: between 20 to 30 USD per day
- Guide: around 30 USD per day
- Waiters and similar services 3 to 5 USD
- The Moroccan currency is Moroccan Dirhams MAD. Use www.xe.com for currency conversions.
Is the drinking water safe in Morocco?
Usually, the water is safe in Morocco, but we recommend using the bottled mineral water for drinking, brushing your teeth, or washing fruit. This avoids any issues that might affect your holiday. The tap water is fine for all other uses.
What kind of clothing is appropriate for Women and Men?
Women visitors are not expected to cover their hair, arms, or legs. However, we suggest avoiding spaghetti straps, tight or revealing clothing and short skirts or shorts. Men may feel more comfortable in long pants as shorts are generally worn by young Moroccan men.
The City Tour of Fes is one of the best activities for visitors, as Fes has one of the oldest and most interesting medinas in Morocco. It also has a variety of attractions that are best seen and explored with one of our informative local guides.
- Stopping at the Royal Palace Gate.
- Walking through the Jewish quarter, ‘the mellah’, the first Jewish quarters built in the country.
- Visiting many sites with cultural and historical interest within the medina.
- Visiting the famous Fes tanneries and the Najjarine Fountain.
- Seeing amazing panoramic views of the entire medina of Fes.
- Visiting a pottery cooperative to see skilled artisans.
- Enjoying a tasty Moroccan meal of Fes cuisine.
- Full Day
Activity Fes City Tour
You will be met at your accommodation by our local knowledgeable guide who will take you on an adventure through Fes (or Fez) the intellectual, cultural, and spiritual capital of Morocco. Fes is primarily known for the Fes El Bali, or walled medina, an UNESCO site, with its medieval architecture, vibrant souks and old-world atmosphere. We start outside the medina to see the royal palace gate, then walk through the Jewish quarter or “the mellah”, the first Jewish quarter built in the country. Following that, you will enter the medina to experience the sensory stimulating souks - exotic spices, vibrant materials and beautiful metal works are just some of the sights you will experience. As well as spending the morning wandering by the souks, you will visit sites with cultural and historical interest including the famous Medrasa Bouanania, the Karaouine Mosque and the oldest university in the world (and built by a woman). You will also visit the famous tanneries and the Najjarine Fountain. After a Moroccan lunch, at a local restaurant in the heart of the medina, you will be driven to one of the fortresses to experience an amazing panoramic view of the entire medina. From there we will visit a pottery cooperative. Time permitting, we will take a drive through modern Fes drive to experience a different atmosphere before returning you to your accommodation.
Duration: 8 - 9 hours
Start: 9 :30 AM local time
End: Approximately 4;30 PM local time